I will be participating in the Craving for Cozies Challenge again this year with fellow cozy mystery craving readers like myself!
Craving For Cozies Challenge 2017
Challenges Dates: January 1st, 2017 – December 31, 2017
- Peckish: 1 – 10 Cozy Mysteries
- Famished: 11 – 20 Cozy Mysteries
- Yearning: 21 – 40 Cozy Mysteries
- Starving: 41 – 60 Cozy Mysteries
- Ravenous: 61 – 80 Cozy Mysteries
- Voracious: 81 – 100 Cozy Mysteries
- Completely Satiated: 101 or more
Cozy Mysteries: Also referred to simply as “cozies”, are a sub-genre of crime fiction mysteries in which sex and violence are downplayed or treated humorously, and the crime and detection take place in a small, socially intimate community. The crime solver is an amateur sleuth, usually but not always a woman, who is thrust into the aftermath of the murder. The protagonist frequently has an occupation or hobby that brings appealing information to the reader.
For more information, and to sign up to participate, check out: Escape with Dollycas ~ Craving for Cozies Challenge 2017
Last year I read 63 cozy mysteries and beat my goal of reading between 40-61 cozy mysteries, so this year I am going to challenge myself to participate at the Ravenous level. For this level, I will be reading between 61 and 80 cozy mysteries. I will be keeping track on this page throughout the year, so check back often to see what I am reading!
- Custom Baked by Liz Mugavero (Positively Organic Mystery, #5)
- Scheduled to Death by Mary Feliz (Maggie McDonald Mystery, #2)
- Pop Goes the Murder by by Kristi Abbott (Popcorn Shop Mystery, #2)
- Death in Advertising by Laura Bradford (Tobi Tobias Mystery, #2)
- Murder Wears White by Stephanie Blackmoore (Wedding Planner Mystery, #2)
- Kneaded to Death by Winnie Archer (Bread Shop Mystery, #1)